Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Flying with Baby

Nov. 19th, 2008

So, as many of you know, it is difficult to travel with a baby. This was actually my first time traveling with Boyd and I will never forget it!
Originally, Q was suppose to take Boyd and myself to the airport, but he was called away down south for all of the fires. He was gone for a week and the day he was returning was the day that I was flying down south--it was nearly 2 weeks when we say Q again. I ended up getting a ride to the airport and everything went smoothly, that is, until I got on the plane. Boyd was hungry, so I bottle fed him and he ended up drinking the whole bottle before we took off. I discovered that I could give him his pacifier and continue to pull it away from him in order to get him to continue sucking, so his ears would not hurt. On the way down, Boyd decided he needed to go # 2 and he did. While going down he screamed and screamed, because his ears hurt due to not taking a bottle/pacifier and his #2 diaper was irritating his yeast infection. It wasn't until we got off the plane that I could change him, but I figured it could wait until I got in my mother-in-law's car. Once we landed, I got all of the bags and started loading everything in the car. That is when I realized that I left the car base in the airport--I had to run back with Boyd screaming and Q's mom circling the airport. It was crazy!!!
All ended well, Boyd got his diaper changed, I got his car base, and my dear mother-in-law called my father-in-law for yeast infection medication. We can happily say, "We survived our first flight!"

No comments: